Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Donation to Wikipedia








ust donated 5$ to wikipedia. I was very much tempted to make it as 10$, then decided to start with something small. I felt guilty each and every time when i use Wikipedia. Some people write articles to contribute some guys edit that some guys do donations. I've selected the final one.Next time i'll surely make this donation double.For this teeny tiny contribution  Wikipedia thanked me by an nice touchy email. 


"It is starting wt "Dear Cheran , You are Amazing". 
Yes i am  Sir , within my rights ,terms and conditions :)


Dear cheran,
You are amazing, thank you so much for donating to the Wikimedia Foundation!
This is how we pay our bills -- it's people like you, giving five dollars, twenty dollars, a hundred dollars. My favourite donation last year was five pounds from a little girl in England, who had persuaded her parents to let her donate her allowance. It's people like you, joining with that girl, who make it possible for Wikipedia to continue providing free, easy access to unbiased information, for everyone around the world. For everyone who helps pay for it, and for those who can't afford to help. Thank you so much.
I know it's easy to ignore our appeals, and I'm glad that you didn't. From me, and from the tens of thousands of volunteers who write Wikipedia: thank you for helping us make the world a better place. We will use your money carefully, and I thank you for your trust in us.
Thanks,

Sue Gardner
Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director


0 comments:

Loops solutions - Social media marketing in Sri lanka